• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Northstar West vs RE Davis lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter LeRay

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am doing a build of a northwest trade gun, and want to use the davis trade lock. However the northstar is more HC. Anyone know the quality of the northstar "barnett" lock?

We've made thousands of the Barnett lock, every single one of them is still out there working. They are tuned and polished before they go out the door. They are guaranteed for life. Period.

R.E. Davis locks, I don't know, ask Davis.

I don't own one of NSW NW guns, but I've seen enough around for beaucoup years, that I can say their workmanship, including their locks, are first rate - I would not trade out for the Davis based on the idea of quality alone and since the Barnett is more HC anyway for this piece......

I have not used a Davis lock but have two of the Barnett locks and they are very high quality and throw tons of sparks. :)

When my NSW TG arrived the first thing that popped out at me was how smooth and well polished the lock was, inside and out.

Still going strong.

Ok great!! I was curious since I've never used one of your locks, but have dealt with Davis. I appreciate the info and will call with my order.
-Pete

Back