• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Now forbidden to send (empty of course) replica powder flask from UK to USA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to be creative. A friend of mine is a knife builder. A European customer ordered a knife built it was rejected by the receiving country agency twice. My friend went to a garage sale and bought a cheap silverware set ,added the custom knife to the package and the customer received it with no problem.

Here in Middle Earth, NZ Post has a list of articles which we are forbidden to send by mail. One article being "stamps.":doh: Apparently OK on the outside of an envelope but prohibited on the inside.
I feel for ya, my one little brush with "The Royal Mail" left the unmistakable taste of out of control bureaucracy in my mouth. Next time I send something in UK I think I'll have it labeled Nunya. (As in Nunya @#&! business)

FYI Just thought I would post this for those in the US planning to planning to purchase muzzleloading accessories from the UK:

Last month I ordered a replica bag flask from a larger antique dealer in the UK. They tried to send it to me via Royal Mail. It sat at the "National Return Centre" for 3 weeks as "Suspected Dangerous or Prohibited Items.". It was just sent back to the dealer, thankfully not destroyed and I was refunded. Vendor instructed me they are not licensed to export "firearm accessories" to the USA and apparently the authorities now consider a bag flask to be a dangerous item that cannot be shipped to the US.
Not dangerous but as it says, a "firearm accessory". Assuming that IS the way the law reads then technically one couldn't ship a sling. butt plate, sights and so on. And of course it depends on how the thing is identified on the shipping label. Wonder if they would carry this to bullet molding supplies?

Goal is to control any and all firearms and related accessories, can’t have the great unwashed getting ideas about freedom in their heads…

Goal is to control any and all firearms and related accessories, can’t have the great unwashed getting ideas about freedom in their heads…
I think the OP was referring to a 'Jobsworth' at Royal Mail, UK and the pedantic way he used a regulation to prevent this item being sent. I don't think he was helping to reach a goal so much as being ignorant or afraid of getting flack from his boss; he probably doesn't even know what a powder flask is.

Buddy of mine got stopped with a forgotten can of caps in a coat pocket going through airport security. Quick thinking on his part he told them they were rendezvous accoutrements and they let him on the plane with them. When you can't stun them with brilliance, baffle them with B.S.

Back