• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Now I will clean it.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys HAVE to try Squirrel Taco's. If you season ( taco seasoning) and throw them in an Insta Pot (or any pressure cooker) The meat falls off the bone and is nice and tender. Put that on a nice warm corn tortilla street taco style. SLAP YO MAMA GOOD. I do Rabbit like this too. Even my younglings wear them out made like that.

I meant not me. If I fire it, it gets cleaned that day. You are right that rust can be removed, I just don't like it on my guns. I am all for each individual doing what works for them, but my OCD won't let a dirty muzzle loader stay that way overnight.
If you are OCD then I am as well! I wouldn't be able to sleep if I left my rifle dirty! I am the same way with my modern rifles as well. It takes the ,"I wonder out of the equation"!

You guys HAVE to try Squirrel Taco's. If you season ( taco seasoning) and throw them in an Insta Pot (or any pressure cooker) The meat falls off the bone and is nice and tender. Put that on a nice warm corn tortilla street taco style. SLAP YO MAMA GOOD. I do Rabbit like this too. Even my younglings wear them out made like that.
I'll have to try it out

No.
I use to cook a few but they are just a pain to skin.
Yes, I've seen all the videos.
Rabbit, hare and pheasant are a lot easier!

One year I counted them and it came to 440 something. Mostly shot with 22.
Last year I shot 60 something in my back yard.
Yeah.. that's a lot of squirrels... IIRC They can bounce back from an annual population reduction of over 90% so eradication is nigh on impossible.

Back