• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Now I will clean it.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys HAVE to try Squirrel Taco's. If you season ( taco seasoning) and throw them in an Insta Pot (or any pressure cooker) The meat falls off the bone and is nice and tender. Put that on a nice warm corn tortilla street taco style. SLAP YO MAMA GOOD. I do Rabbit like this too. Even my younglings wear them out made like that.

I meant not me. If I fire it, it gets cleaned that day. You are right that rust can be removed, I just don't like it on my guns. I am all for each individual doing what works for them, but my OCD won't let a dirty muzzle loader stay that way overnight.
If you are OCD then I am as well! I wouldn't be able to sleep if I left my rifle dirty! I am the same way with my modern rifles as well. It takes the ,"I wonder out of the equation"!

You guys HAVE to try Squirrel Taco's. If you season ( taco seasoning) and throw them in an Insta Pot (or any pressure cooker) The meat falls off the bone and is nice and tender. Put that on a nice warm corn tortilla street taco style. SLAP YO MAMA GOOD. I do Rabbit like this too. Even my younglings wear them out made like that.
I'll have to try it out

No.
I use to cook a few but they are just a pain to skin.
Yes, I've seen all the videos.
Rabbit, hare and pheasant are a lot easier!

One year I counted them and it came to 440 something. Mostly shot with 22.
Last year I shot 60 something in my back yard.
Yeah.. that's a lot of squirrels... IIRC They can bounce back from an annual population reduction of over 90% so eradication is nigh on impossible.

No.
I use to cook a few but they are just a pain to skin.
Yes, I've seen all the videos.
Rabbit, hare and pheasant are a lot easier!

One year I counted them and it came to 440 something. Mostly shot with 22.
Last year I shot 60 something in my back yard.
Yup.. that's those things.

Good luck getting rid of that thing.

Who would do that. Bring those over.. it's like the snake heads fish.

Some places here.. if you have a Peach tree. You'd loose count trying to keep them away.

And they will always grab anything ready and you don't want to pick anything not ready yet so.. You get nothing because of them

My grandfather one a day I was younge.
he said the chipmunks ate the garden.. he sat me down with the air rifle in the garden and said $5 for everyone you get..

he said how much do I owe you... I went 5 10 15 20 25 counting them up. He was cursing in Italian and handed me $100 bill.. šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Back