• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ohio Class for January

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Pratt

36 Cal.
Reaction score
MUZZLELOADING GUNSMITHING CLASS #8
January 10, 2009
8:30am to 6pm
led by Ian Pratt & Jim Kibler
at The Log Cabin Sport Shop in Lodi, Ohio

The gun building class is underway, all are welcome to come watch and learn as we work. Please bring any items of interest to share or projects in progress, we are more than happy to offer advice.
At 12:30 we will have a seminar on hunting pouches by our guest speaker, Ohio artisan Dean Freund. Dean has long been involved in living history and the Black Powder scene in general, and will share with us his knowledge of the hunting pouch and discuss the techniques he uses in creating them.
This is a FREE seminar.
For more information, contact the Log Cabin Shop, 8010 Lafayette Road, PO Box 275, Lodi, OH 44254 or call (330) 948-1082

Man, I wish we had something like that around here. Those of you that can, should go. You are lucky to have the option.

Can you post a quick summary of the gun building topics/demonstrations to be held during the seminar?

I'll be in SW Ohio visiting family around that time so it might be worth the drive up to Lodi. I'm looking at getting a .40 Dickert kit as my 1st flint rifle building project.

Thanks

By all means, if you can make time for it come on up. See above for the info on the seminar, Dean Freund will be the guest speaker. that will start at around 12:30 and may run a couple hours. I talked with him on the phone yesterday, he has some good stuff planned, will be showing some of his neat methods for leather aging, bag construction, etc.

Our rifle building class is on the same day, same place, 8:30 am to 6pm. We have ten students building rifles based on one of Jacob Dickert's, starting with a blank and a Rice swamped barrel. Anybody is welcome to come and watch and learn, ask questions, just come and hang out if you like. All we ask is that we make sure the guys have room to work, it can get crowded in a hurry.

You may also want to check out the other post about Dave Kutcher's class at the Log Cabin Shop.

Thanks for the additional info. My wife and I will probably drive up unless driving conditions are poor.

- Virgil

Back