• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Remington percussion caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted a thread a while back about some old powder cans but failed to mention these. Part of the same auction deal was this unopened paper wrapped bundle of 1000 #11 Remington caps. Am wondering how old these might be and if anyone can recollect them being packaged like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
I posted a thread a while back about some old powder cans but failed to mention these. Part of the same auction deal was this unopened paper wrapped bundle of 1000 #11 Remington caps. Am wondering how old these might be and if anyone can recollect them being packaged like this.
Remington was part of DuPont from 1980 to 1993 or so
Note the DuPont oval on the container....Remington was acquired by "Uncle Dupie" in 1980 and sold off in 1993. I remember using these caps in the 1980's, but never bought more than two containers at a time

I've still got 5-6 sleeves of Remington caps like the one shown in the pic. Mine were obtained at a gun show in 1997, but probably date from the late '80s. I don't recall seeing new production in sleeves like that after about '91.

I have some Rem #10's with this style of tins and wrapping. Have kept them in temp/humidity controlled area-still fire 100% of the time. Several years ago I found two tins of Rem#11's that were not in a controlled environment that were from some time in the 90's, they all fired 100%.

Yup, that's how we used to buy 'em. Back when gas was a WHOLE lot cheaper, powder maybe $4.00 a pound, and yada yada yada.
When I started powder was two dollars a pound, I don't remember what caps were but I know I could shoot my 28 gauge shotgun for 2&1/2 cents a shot vs 10 cents for modern 12 gauge.

Back