• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Online Powder Buying

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a couple that allow only 5 lb minimum order if thats what your talking about. Grafs and sons is one. Most require an order of 20 lbs minimum.

This laptop is giving me fits and am unable to place the like here for the powder companys.

if you're having it shipped...it's gonna cost the same for hazmat fees for 1 or 25 pounds...($22?) :shocked2: jus so ya know.... :wink:

try using fffg as your priming powder..in Florida's humid climate, I suspect it'll work as well or better than ffffg...I switched from ffffg to fffg last Saturday here in western NC as I could see the pan getting soupy...if you can use fffg, it'll save you acquiring two lifetimes, supply of 4f..Hank

Last edited by a moderator:
As Hank said try the fffg it will work. I'm in S. Fl and it is so humid here ffffg gets soupy quick. I still use it some but i have to keep a close eye on the pan. You my need to drill out your vent liner a little to make your rifle a little more dependable with the fffg. :thumbsup:

Hank is correct regarding FFF for priming. About a year ago I started using FFF in all my guns and have had no problems with ignition. It also saves time to be able to load and prime from the same horn.

Powder Inc will let you mix granulations with a 5 lb mininum.

Get some FFFF for prime then your favorite for the main charge,

Back