• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Only 103 days until Turkey Season !!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Boy, I can't hardly wait either!!!!

After a week of a foot of snow, sub-zero temperatures, and loss of electricity for 4 days, I find myself dreaming of a warm, green, sunny late April turkey opener in the Hoosier State.

My back against a giant Oak, trusty smoke pole primed and ready......

Ah, the thoughts of what will come warm my worn out and cold carcass!

103 days. That's not too long, really... :hmm:

I dreamed of 2 gobblers last night, LOL!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WessV_Hammertime.jpg

:hatsoff:
Wess

More inspiration.....shot this with a little point & shoot camera I had in my vest while out deer hunting a week or so ago...this lone Tom just came poking along through the Oak flat...judging from the size & thickness of that beard I'd guess a 3-5 year old / 23-25lb-ish maybe

122413LoneTom033Crop3CCropped_zps67da5c12.jpg

Beautiful sight !!

(But you gotta let them out of the pen before you shoot them...LOL)

Lol! That top pick is on the edge of public hunting and the turkeys always strut in that old gals yard every year. I hunt the private land next to it and believe me they are as wild a birds as your going to find in Kansas.

Tracy

Cool looking old hermit Roundball. :)

I plan on starting off in Kansas myself this year and it can't get here soon enough!

Good luck
Wess

Back