• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opinions about Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never have done so, not on the nipple anyway, usually put my thumb or something in between if I must pull the trigger.
Me too. But you'd be shocked at how many people I've seen in gun stores take a rifle off the rack, flint or cap, and start popping away. They don't do that with modern guns. So I guess they think they are toys. Pretty dumb to me though.

I have one in 50 cal. Browned barrel. Beautiful gun and great shooter. $600 was a steal for yours. Congrats! I purchased a spare mainspring on Ebay, and have spare sear springs. The guy on Ebay still has one new old stock mainspring left up for sale. You should buy that.

Warden & I bought them when they first came out. I killed several dozen deer with my .50 and shot it nearly weekly in our local M/L league. Went through 3 replacement mainsprings, at that point, the man who bought out the remaining supply (supposedly) said he had only one left. Two replacement mainsprings broke the FIRST time I cocked the rifle. Sold it right then.

It's not a copy of anything, but representative of 19th century half-stock percussion rifles, sorta like Ruger Old Armies and the multitude of "coil-spring-locked" others. It shot VERY well, but I'd never own another due to lack of part availability.

Back