• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rust protection.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a friend that would store his rifle by pouring crisco down the barrel after cleaning it? His thoughts were no air getting inside the barrel meant no rust? I never tried it but it sounds logical to me?

This might be HC. It's at least PC.

The gun might shoot a little high. 🤔

They are saying though. Good on carbon steel.. good for wood. It's not bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240923_072429_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240923_072429_Chrome.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I must admit, I am one of those Bore Butter Guys!! I use it as mentioned above” inside and out” and the only problem I have is Oh I don’t have any !!! No Rust,has been this way since it first came out and I started using it. Hope this helps, Reds
I buy it from RMC products and order in bulk like everything else muzzleloader. caps thousands at a time, balls the same, patch material by the whole bolt, powder by the case from Deercreek I never worry about running out

i switched from gun oil to olive oil cause she was complaining about the smell,,,than i had a couple of frose nipples so i switched to bore butter,,but i liked the olive oil cause when it got rancid and smelled it was time to clean again,,had its own timer..i met a guy that just sprays his service weapon with wd40 and wipes it down,,not so sure about that,,but he came back from the desert storm doing it,sprays it daily ,cleans it monthly,,unless he fires it..

I have never had any rust ever even i humid summer FLUSH with boiling water from drawing it from a coffee can with murphys oil soap,(plunger motion)ley cool wipe flash rust out with t/c no13 moose milk then dry then bore butter the inside.15 years my fathers has been sitting with this cure.and took it down to shoot it and the bore butter was brown but wiped right out with moose milk back to pristine

Back