• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opinions on Middlesex Trading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:wink: Just call me the skin-flint Flinter!

I'd love to have an original gun or a custom-built gun from a craftsman such as you Mike but my frugal ways and fiscal reality (not to mention Mrs. Stomper) always seem to keep me in check. Thus my interest in MVTC guns.

I'm not currently willing to part with any of the guns in my possession to by an original or custom gun just now. Perhaps I'll find a used MVTC after a few more are out there. :rotf:

Here is the name and contact info for a fellow who builds flint X by X guns. They aren't cheap, but that is a relative term when you get what you want. I met him at Friendship and shot a couple of his guns on the skeet range. These are not also rans, they are first class. Ed Palmer, 1380 Kellam Road, Centerville, Indiana 47330. 317-855-5749 (?) not certain of the phone number.
Mark

I don't think MVTC sell a double barrel flintlock fowler. If they do it's not on their site. They have a double barrel caplock that they say will be available soon though. To me that just doesn't have the same appeal.

What I'd really like to see them sell is a big bore blunderbuss.

mr.fudd said:
I don't think MVTC sell a double barrel flintlock fowler. If they do it's not on their site.

There's a link to a page with a description (no photos) just under the graphic of the sailing ship on their website.

A while back I said I would report back on the 1777 Charleville and the 1812 Baker I ordered. I was not dissapointed. For the value and the customer service they are worth every penny I spent.

I have had the same experiences as Cable. I own five of Pete's guns. I have had trouble with none of them and all have been fired many dozens of times. I always enjoy talking to Pete and Wendy and have been doing business with them off and on since the early 90's. I take their guns where I would not take my custom ones and have fun with them.

Capn

I recently acquired one of MVTC's New England Fowlers. Even though I bought it second hand, Pete and Wendy have provided great support. I refinished the stock and did a little polishing to lighten the trigger pull. I'm very happy with the gun for the price. Now I just need to learn to shoot her properly!

Back