• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

OVPR meet this weekend

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else going to the OVPR (Olde Virginia Primative Rifles) meet this weekend in Surry, Va.? Always a nice meet & 2 bands!

I was there. I was right on the corner of main camp with my grandaughter. She had a blast. If you can make it down for fall you should. Great matches, activities, site and folks. You can find me, I have a red (okay now pink with age) banner with a black dog paw hanging. I never leave home without it.

See you in the Fall,
Miki

I was there for a day visit and it was the first Rondy I have ever attended! It was absolutly fantastic! Everyone was so friendly. I will be back in the fall as well. I need to start working on a tent now :haha:

OVPR was my first event as well & we are getting deeper into it each year. You might look at the Panther & Tentsmiths web sites for tents - they are both good & popular makers. They will likely both be at the Market Fair at Fort Frederick in April (as will Mrs. Coot & I). I don't know about your time period or budget but a small wedge is acceptable about everywhere, not hard to put up & not too expensive. A small wedge still makes a good kid/equipment/one night camp tent if you get in deeper later.

I was lucky enough to have a friend let me use his old tent. There are a lot of good people there. And all are willing to help. I am also looking for a tent set-up. I need to get the wife out there. I beleive she will enjoy it. Plus if she gets into it it will loosen the purse strings a little.

SF

I was there for the week. My camp had the wedge with the blue stripes. It is the only one there so most have seen it. Next time stop in and say Hi. I put up the blue striped wedge for friends who are new and want to camp. Ain't I nice I let them use a tent they might be able to find again :rotf:

I will be there in the fall. I run Kids games down there. I did post some pictures on my webshots page[url] http://community.webshots.com/user/mikitrat[/url] also keep checking our website www.ovpr.us for more pictures.

See you later,
Miki

Last edited by a moderator:
Back