• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA late season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallas10c

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The late season in PA starts the day after Christmas and I will be out after a nice 10-pointer that eluded me all bow season and regular firearms season. Is anyone else planning on being out for the late PA season? It is a nice, usually quiet, time in the woods after all the orange crazies are gone.

I would also like to try and get a group together like we did last year for a late season flinter hunt. Anyone interested? I hunt in WMU 3B and 4E.

Recon Said:
Is anyone else planning on being out for the late PA season? It is a nice, usually quiet, time in the woods after all the orange crazies are gone.

I'm going to be out there, but last year it wasn't so quite where I was hunting in WMU 3C. I heard more shooting than during the regular season.

I checked out the WMU map. It looks like a rather hilly area of the Keystone State. I bet that is a fun type of hunt.

Out of curiosity, what is the success rate?

If you're looking for does, the success rate can be quite good. In the last two years, though, I've only seen two sets of horns while hunting that area & they were both non-shooter scrub bucks.

I definitely plan to go out some. You're too far north for me though. I do 5b, 5c and 4c. I've heard about some bucks in areas we hunt but I plan to take whatever comes first.

Mtn. Rifle

I'll be out in the late season up in 1B or 2f. Can't wait to hunt now that the orange army is gone...

I must not be far from you Bald Mt Man. I am in 3C, have family in Binghamton. I have been scouting, a lot of this years fawns, not many good sized ones. Oh well, I will be out there.

I'll be hunting in the Nicholson area of 3C, have been hunting there for a few years now. I've got a few nice bucks there but not with the flintlock. Passed on a 7 pointer the first day of the pumpkin brigade assualt. After christmas I have the whole farm to myself. There'll be snow for sure.

i will be hunting the late season in 4b and 5b. anybody hunting these wmu let me know,maybe we can get together,i am a new member to this forum

I'll also be out, can't wait. The area I'm hunting is owner restricted to bucks only, but thats OK with me cause they've seen legal boys after the rifle season!

Anybody around the Mapleton, PA area? I have a customer up there in that area and have been thinking of hunting the State Game Lands in that area. When I go there to visit my client.

Hey Billd....I was thinking it would be fun to get some guys together and do either Ricketts Glenn up by the radar station or I have an orchard we can hunt in. PM me for details on the orchard.

Got a couple private cornfields that the owner won't let anyone go thru knocking corn down.Is holding alot of deer that were pushed in during rifle.Just gotta figure where they want to come out.

I too am excited to get out for late season, especially since I still have my buck tag! Will be in WMU 2A and 2C.

Wish I could make it up there for the late season. I usually hunt in 2F outside of Kane Pa. Won't be there this year due to work though. Good luck to all you guys. I'll be thinking of you and my family. They'll all be out there. LUCKY!!!! Andy.

I'll be out in 3A and will be primarily hunting better than average buck. I'll have to decide when and if to take a baldie if one presents itself.

I'll be hitting the woods in the Friendsville area of 3C. I shot a button buck in January 2006 with my Deerstalker on the same land.
Merry Christmas.
Good hunting.

Back