• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pa pheasant opens tomorrow. Anyone......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidney Smith

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Taking a muzzleloader hunting?

I try to take my .62 cal smoothbore out at least once during pheasant season. I have gotten shots before but have yet to get a bird with it. I dont normally take it out on the opener as Im usually hunting with several people who arent muzzleloaders so dont want to hold them up while I reload etc. I usually wait a few days then go out by myself with the smokepole.

I prefer to shoot driven pheasant here in the UK with a sxs muzzle loader .
Feltwad

Driven pheasant UK style
IMG_0364.JPG

I'm a grouse hunter and have only purchased one pheasant tag since they were made mandatory (bought one last year because I had a setter pup and thought that she might get more hunts in this way. As it happened, I never used the tag and never pursued pheasant). I do have a nice little fowler barrel that's going to see Dave Keck in a week or two along with a nice piece of curly maple and I do think it would be fun to shoot (at) grouse that the dog points.

Back