• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pa to allow flintlock handgun in late season.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are great groups. Congrats on getting those deer with that pistol. Proof is in the puddin'. Sounds like my kind of huntin', in thick areas. I'd be hard pressed to shot past 50yds.

Magumba,
As a primary hunting gun it sucks.To carry one as a backup :hmm:I would add the deer must be down &
alive prior to shooting with the F/L handgun....Are percussion handguns not included :hmm:
snake-eyes

I agree with you. But if you take a look at the way the regulation in this state are going - do not be surprised if the game commission allows hunters to use hand grenades. If the PA game commission wants to make real change in hunting then they need to open up sunday hunting. If not all inclusive, then on a limited basis by season / species / region of the state. So many peope are now working 6 day weeks that is more difficult than ever to get out on a saturday. Hunting in PA is not dying because of lack of interest, it is dying because of lack of opportunity.

The lack of opportunity is a problem in most areas. You are correct in the issue of people working more and more. This past turkey season was different for us in that Dad and I never saw another hunter in the woods. This is in an area of mostly public land.

the big concern is private property owners not getting rest on sundays, but just open sunday hunting to the gamelands only then...."there" problem solved :hmm: could it be that easy :rotf: with flint pistols and peep sights a go and no liners in flint season i'm happy fer now :v ................bob

Back