• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Packin Up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elkeater

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Turning the work truck into a wagon this weekend. Opening day next Saturday. Final leg of expedition is 18 mi up from trail head.

Paladin is shod and with a little fat on him from the lush mesa. Amazingly it's still green here.

Feeling good about my chances with a cow. Will be first with a ML or open sights. It's been 4 years since i've eat elk, with only a couple of speed goats to tide me over.

Make meat

:thumbsup: Yep

I have cross cut beef ribs & onions marinating in Korean BBQ. I'll cook it tonight & freeze for a camp meal.

Sewing some liners for my shooting bag, so if I have to change from flint to percussion (like steady rain or broken rifle) I will just switch out liners & have all the right items.

My poor wife has come to except :surrender: that the week before I will have CR*P set out everywhere.

Exciting times!

Which unit are you headed for? Eighteen miles in should give you some privacy. Are you going in alone? Expecting a full report and pictures. Remember, it doesn't take a dead animal to make a good story.

My elk tag is with bow this year and deer with ML. Both are available in my area, but I'll try to get the deer in the freezer first.

Good luck :hatsoff:

I'm shooting a NE .535, .02 patch 80g ff goex.

Paladin and I in unit 78. For three years have been to this drainage. Have been pushing back my comfort zone. I'm about to find the honey hole.

Last year one party of two horse tracks were seen. It's good when you don't see a human track in your area.
A lot of sheer rock, only one way in. Marmots bark at ya.
Camp at the headwater,spring. Bath in it anckle deep.

I best go sharpen another knife.
Adios amigos

Back