• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

patch cutter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi marmotslayer

Well... This is a GREAT QUESTION; square or round...

Why round and from what urban legend...

What about a new thread about it... ??? done...

Etienne

A friend of mine cuts round patches. He uses a bearing race of the appropriate size and a hardened ball bearing larger than the race, place the cloth over the race, put the ball on it and smack it with a hammer. I think he can cut several layers in one go. I just cut strips and cut them at the muzzle

I use a hole saw for my patches also. Before you grind the teeth off, use it to cut a hole in a block of wood. Use this hole as a guide when cutting patches. Sandwich the material between 2 blocks of wood, with the one with the hole in it on top. I usually fold my fabric several times and jut hold the blocks down with your hand. The blocks hold the fabric tight enough that the hole saw goes right through. You know you went all the way through when your saw hits the bottom block.

Latest posts

Back