• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Patch Knives.. show & tell!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay,,was hopin fer a bigger showing,,so.. how about show us your patchknives even if it ain't actually used fer cuttin yer patch...better? :grin:

RC said:
okay,,was hopin fer a bigger showing,,so.. how about show us your patchknives even if it ain't actually used fer cuttin yer patch...better? :grin:

Her's one of mine...Bud
sper2.JPG

Nifeman, that's an excellent looking knife. :thumbsup:

RC,
I left my patchknife in my shop-jacket pocket and sent it off to laundry. Won't know til Monday if it'll come back. :hmm: If I do I'll post a pic. GW

grey whiskers said:
Nifeman, that's an excellent looking knife. :thumbsup:

RC,
I left my patchknife in my shop-jacket pocket and sent it off to laundry. Won't know til Monday if it'll come back. :hmm: If I do I'll post a pic. GW
:hmm: GW, now.. does a jacket pocket work better than a shootin bag? :hmm: :haha: had to say it! post a pic! we got some nice knives beenin shown! :thumbsup: Nifeman..thats neat!thanks! :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for my knife... I will post a pic when I get it. :haha:

RC, I don't cut patches at the muzzle. (yet) I did start building one and took it to work to blead blast the blade. Just forgot it was in my pocket. Iffin it does come back at least it'll be clean. :wink: GW

That is one nice knife and sheath Bud, I have always liked that style of sheath.

Here ar a couple that I used to use when I cut at the Muzzle, I just use square precuts kept loose in the bag with an assortment of balls, these still work well for dressing game and eating utensils, they have rawhide sheaths with BT covers, the knives are the point end of quality old kitchen knives cut down as needed. sometimes I tie one to the bag strap or along side the bag.or carry around the neck.

P1080006.jpg

tg said:
That is one nice knife and sheath Bud, I have always liked that style of sheath.

Thanks fellas, TG actually my missus does my sheath work :redface: . She's the talented one of the pair :wink: ...Bud

I really don't cut at the muzzle too much,these days, but here are a coupla small knives that I sometimes used for cutting patches...and other things.

This one is forged from a file, with maple handle and poorly done pewter bolster.

The shot bag is of rough cowhide that resembles braintan, and is filled with drip shot.

P1010062.jpg

This one is about 300 layers of W1 and 203E steels, if my memory is correct. The handle is maple with a nickle silver guard. The 30 gr. adjustable powder measure is made of rolled and brazed sheet iron, with a hand made wing screw.
P1010088a.jpg

The bottom one has been used for a patch knife (old 2 man saw blade and deer antler). All these I've made. The larger ones are from bear bones and 16" circular saw blades.
IMG_9806.jpg
[/img]

Thanks reddoge,
Those are relics of my custom knife making days.
I haven't made any knives for about ten years...and I kinda miss it. The other items were made in the last year, or so.

thanks :grin: Tim does some beautiful work... been after one of his knifes for a while now. I should have it in a few days.

Back