• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PC/HC Hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dressing in period correct ( and colored) clothing here would violate Game and Fish laws and probably get you shot into doll rags
You need one article of blaze orange during small game season and 50% or more during deer season.. Hunting doesn't apply only to deer season.

Hunting does not necessarily mean big game season. You can always take a walk with your long gun and hunt small game.

MN requires one article of blaze orange clothing above the waist for everything except turkey and waterfowl. Just one more reason I don’t fit in in the natural world.
I have a orange hat band, but I usually hunt away from trails where I might run into others.

Not a chance. Though it is notable that "period correct" out here means 1850s -- so Levis and a wool shirt qualify. Done plenty of that, though usually only for an evening hunt near the pickup, not if I'm going to be out all day or for several days.

I hunt both Colorado and Wyoming…both require Fluorescent Orange when hunting big game. For small game and water fowl…I can wear what I want. I’m seriously thinking about making a nice shooting frock made from Fluorescent Orange canvas...topped off with a Fluorescent Orange Voyagers cap.

Orange canvas is available at JoAnne’s Fabrics…

In the 1970's and early 1980's, we hunted the late season Pa. flintlock only deer season , dressed in Hudson Bay Co. blanket coats , with surplus British Army wool pullovers under them. I admit , we wore modern cold weather foot wear. Seldom did we see any other humans out in the State Game Lands , just deer and an occasional coyote. Temps. could go to -45 deg. F. , but we were nice and warm. At the end of the day , we would stop in at the local back woods tavern. Folks there would ask the same questions. Why are you dressed like that??? Flintlock deer hunting. Nobody kills deer in this weather......Go look in the truck......Hey....you guys did alright. Did you shoot the two deer in the truck bed???....... YUP.... Well fellows , anybody can do that has to have a round of drafts and Ginger Brandy. And that's the way it was.......

Back