• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Frontier question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leatherbark said:
Davy.......I like that trigger guard better than the one on my Blue ridge........What style is it? Did you have to mount it to the trigger plate like the Pedersoli is?..........Thanks........Bob

tn.jpg

It is the TOW Tg-Nc1 Southern style guard.

And yes it is mounted in the same way ... there is not much room in there to work with, so caution is prescribed.
:hatsoff:

Davy

Davy,

Would you happen to know the correct procedure for removing the barrel on the Frontier rifle? I checked out Pedersoli's website. They have instructions, but no pictures and it's kind of in broken english if you ask me. :p.

Remove the lock. Remove the ramrod. Remove the two screws now accessible through the thimbles. Remove the tang screw. Done.

Windsor said:
Davy,

Would you happen to know the correct procedure for removing the barrel on the Frontier rifle? I checked out Pedersoli's website. They have instructions, but no pictures and it's kind of in broken english if you ask me. :p.

decmp.jpg

dcmp2.jpg

1) First remove the lock bolt that goes thru a hole in the tang.

2) Next remove the screws in the barrel by which held on by two screws thru the ramrod guides .

3) Remove the one screw thru the tang into the trigger guard below ..

4) Holding the rifle upside down with a hand holding the barrel and tang area ... tap the trigger guard area lightly with a non marring hammer or your hand ... to loosen and the barrel and it will drop out into your hand underneath.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Davy

Hey guys, thanks a lot! Davy, those pictures were great, thanks for an excellent reply! :hatsoff: I think i'm going to attempt something similar. I promise to post pics when the time comes. :)

Dear Mr.Bush,I have a .36 flintlock Blue Ridge/Cabelas/Pedersoli Squirrel gun.I cristened her "Spitfire" since she never fails to spit-fire.She is very accurate , w/in her range limitations,of course.I would highly recommend them to you.I have stripped the original finish and replaced it w/ a hand rubbed linseed oil finish.I did replace the ramrod w/ a synthetic wonder rod since the original did not seem to be very stout.I kept the original and put it back in the gun when I finish shooting.I would prefer something more historically accurate but till I find a P.C.ramrod this will have to do.I'm not saying it was poorly made, just a wooden .36 ramrod is easily broken,I would suppose.Best regards,J.A.

Jack Aubrey said:
Dear Mr.Bush,I have a .36 flintlock Blue Ridge/Cabelas/Pedersoli Squirrel gun.I cristened her "Spitfire" since she never fails to spit-fire.She is very accurate , w/in her range limitations,of course.I would highly recommend them to you.I have stripped the original finish and replaced it w/ a hand rubbed linseed oil finish.I did replace the ramrod w/ a synthetic wonder rod since the original did not seem to be very stout.I kept the original and put it back in the gun when I finish shooting.I would prefer something more historically accurate but till I find a P.C.ramrod this will have to do.I'm not saying it was poorly made, just a wooden .36 ramrod is easily broken,I would suppose.Best regards,J.A.

Well I also have a brass ramrod too ... it looks nice and it adds some nice weight to the front of the muzzle! And it don't break neether! :hmm: :grin:

Davy

Jack Aubrey said:
Mr.Davy,where did you purchase the brass ramrod?Best regards,J.A.

I have bought mine at Thunder Ridge Muzzleloading ... he will customize the length for you.
[url] http://thunder-ridge-muzzleloading.com/ramrod1.htm#customrods[/url]

Davy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back