• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pedersoli trade gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rimccann

Pilgrim
Reaction score
hi guys
here in austalia we have a very small choice when it come to smoothbore flintlocks,i am wanting an all round gun thats easy to carry. about the only real option avaible is the pedersoli trade gun in 20ga, i am looking for feed back on this gun? like how does it stand up to a lot of shooting? and a few sugestions on loads would be handy too.
thanks guys

I have a Pedersoli 20 Gauge Double ..I love it ... It shoots round balls and shot great !!!

DSC08059.jpg

I shoot My Own .578 cast (wheel weight) round balls with .021 tickle patch with bees wax/ olive oil lube. Shoots great !

My gun is very well built with great fit !

The ones Ive seen are realy nice maybe a little hard on the trigger pull all in all I would buy one if I had the money and opportunity

I have one. They are dependable, and shoot well. Not a very good copy of a proper trade gun, if you are concerned with the historic appearence. I like 70 grains of 2Fg with an equal measure of #7.5 shot. Works good on squirrel, and chukkar. Never tried round ball.

LD

Go to some SSAA rondies or black powder shoots , you may pick up a good deal.The only realy good retail dealer in AUS. is Green River Rifle Works in SA they are on the net and they mail order nation wide, they also source parts and all sorts of gear from the US.. :thumbsup:

I've wanted a trade musket for sometime now but it's hard to find one for a good price. Muskets in general seem hard to find for a good price and I don't know why.

There was one here in the want adds a few months back that came with ALL(Bag,ball,mold,horn) the accoutrments for around 500 If I had had the money I would have jumped on that one.

That's definitely a good deal. Every online store I look at you can expect to pay $1,000 easy for a musket.

Hope you got your questions answered.

I have a 12 gauge Pedersoli Mortimer flinter and love it, cylinder bore, had to have some choke put in it. If available in Australia (Weird gun laws you have there)that might be more 'all around' than a 20 gauge??

I put together an "in the white" Pedersoli Trade Musket. Got it from Dixie. It's fun and I kept it looking antique - or poorly kept. Wasn't interested so much in its look as I was in its performance. It seems a bit hard on flints and I have to use fairly short flints to get the edge to strike the proper place on the frizzen face. But, with a sharp flint, it goes off quickly.

Dan

I know I'm going to get in trouble here, but here goes. I recently purchased an Early English trade gun from Loyalist Arms.It is a little thick in the wood dept, but it shoots great. Excellent sparker,touch hole in the right place,and kept all my .600 ball in an 8 inch circle at 50 yds. This is with a bare ball ,and paper wadding.With a little load developement it may do even better.

You won't get into any trouble from me. I have a Loyalist Arms First Model Long Land Patterm Musket. It is heavy, but it seems to be fairly well built.

The smooth bore I use the most often though is a TVM American fowler in 20 gauge. Its a real delight to shoot. I have found accuracy to be mostly a function of practice for both round ball and shot. Mine was made by the company now run by Matt Avance. It might be worth the effort to try to import one of Matt's guns.

Latest posts

Back