• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Peep Sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoyt

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Peep Style Sight

I bought one of these peep sights from TOW and put it on barrel with magnet..and there is a lot of space around the front sight when you look through the peep. Is this the way those of you who use these things leave it or do you get a big front sight to kinda fill up the hole of the peep when looking through it.

ewan, good article from lyman. i have peep sights on just about all my bp rifles. i'm used to shooting hi power and modern battle rifles, peep sights were an easy trasition. they are also easier on the old eyeballs. too small a rear aperature will not allow enough light in and will be a dettriment to accuracy. i like a post with a small brass bead for the front sight. is seems easier to center the bead in the circle and the front assembly in the aperature. dave :imo:

Don't worry about the size of the aperture in your peep sight. Your eye will automatically center the front sight in the aperture. That's the advantage of a peep sight, you don't have to do anything except put the bead where you want the bullet to go.

I'm going to have to give it a try..I can definitely see better through it.

leave the middle sight on and just try it,,,,,You have to ajust the peep for the POI, the middle you just adjust it to line every thing up,,If you ever try it, you will understand, You really should try it,, It's interestin,,,,
drop-em2.jpg

I bought one of these peep sights from TOW and put it on barrel with magnet..and there is a lot of space around the front sight when you look through the peep.

What's the diameter of the peep hole?

Back