• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pellets in caplock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LIKE I SAID, JUST COURIOUS. NEVER ATTEMPTED IT. WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WAS POSSIBLE AND IF ANY ONE TRIED IT.

It doesn't work well because the primary ignition is a small dot of BP on the back of the pellet. They have a slightly higher ignition temp which lends un-reliable abilities to ignite properly, they'er simply not designed to work in side lock traditional muzzle loaders.
Loose powder enters the flash channel and you have the flexability of changing the amount of powder used by small increments to adjust for the PRB variables to obtain the best accuracy.
Now,
Please leave the caps lock alone, it's kinda rude.

pellets are hard to ignite and may give you that cool tracer effect as burning pellets fly downrange. stick with black powder or a loose sub if you go that route.

I have personally witnessed the burning pellets whizzing through the air, and then making their own hole in the targets :idunno: . More is always better (NOT), so a lot more is always a lot more bettererer! :rotf: :haha: :youcrazy: :nono: :shake:

Stick with loose powder and wrap the side of the barrel to get some powder under the nipple :wink: .

Dave

I have also seen the pellets flying down range, still burning. They carried out about 15- 20 yards. Some were still burning after they landed on the ground. That could be a huge fire hazard. :nono:

Stick with powder.

I've tried them in a few of my guns they don't work to good. a friend even tried them in his flinter! they whent off but lock time sucked :barf: any way you can try them but you may have to put some loose powder under the nipple to get it to go.

WHY would you want to let someone else pre-measure what is probably the wrong amount of powder for your gun? Speed of re-loading is BS as no deer will wait around to give you a second shot. Pellets offer no real advantage and at a higher cost.

Latest posts

Back