• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Ignition Problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my nipple the doubled up coat hanger fits in the hole that the cap goes over. and the hanger fits in easy on the other end. Maybe i just have nipples that were drilled with the wrong drill.

its a standard traditions nipple, came installed on my gun and have had no problems what soever, the barrel is dated for the year 96, and the gun was assembled then. And I doubt SPortsmans guide would have managed to put a musket nipple in as it still had the original packing grease manure.

I learned some good tips reading this thread, my only comment is that my GPR seems to like CCI #11 magnum caps. With regular #11's (non-magnum) my GPR does the same thing your gun is doing a lot. Im going to try a hot shot nipple too though, and some of the other tips here.

Jeff

Not to beat this to death, but one time I tried drilling out a nipple - - ended up twisting that tiny drill bit off in it. Not only did I have to buy a new nipple anyway, but also the drill bit!
Save the bit - buy a nipple :m2c:

It would be pretty tough to drill a hole that small.

I ended up ordering a Hot Shot Nipple from TOTW and from Dixie Gun Works I ordered their Spitfire Magnum Nipple. I'll see which one works the best.

Back