• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pheasant hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good I may have to give this a try. thanks for the info on the guns you are using.

the things I had to ponder while hunting is to wait until both barrels are empty to reload, or reload after one is shot? The dogs dont quit working and my buddies dont wait for me either to reload. I have done both, and luckily both have worked out for me.

Fleener

I have done most of my pheasant hunting just walking tree lines by myself. I have not hunted for many years. getting into to muzzle loading replicas, has opened up getting back into hunting and target shooting.

When stationed in Austria during the Korean conflict, the gun dealer from whom I bought 14 shotguns and rifles invited me to his estate to just observe a pheasant hunt.

Quite an affair. The flushing dogs were ahead of the lined up shooters and the game wagons were behind the shooters retrieving the dead and wounded peasants and throwing them into the wagons. Over the weekend, 1500 pheasants were shot.

The shooters must pay a fee to the gundealer's estate in addition to buying a nat'l shooting license, but the pheasants have to be purchased at slightly below market prices because the pheasants are sold at retail markets and stores.

It really wasn't a "hunt" but just harvesting a "crop" of pheasants. Might well have been just like trap or skeet shooting.

Hunting licenses aren't restricted but entail a very complicated procedure and difficult tests that include ballistics, trajectories, general knowledge of firearms and animal anatomy.....the tests are the "restrictions".

After watching this hunt was told that wild boar are also hunted the same...but dogs are used. The meat again is sold at retail markets.

Made me appreciate hunting in the USA........Fred

Have mostly grouse hunted, but at times have flushed a cock pheasant and they're mighty impressive, Nice photos......Fred

Back