• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pistol conversion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazz1975

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is it possible to convert a Perdersoli Kentucky pistol from percussion to flint?Would it require anything more than switching the perc lock to flint and removing the drum and replacing it with a vent liner? Thanks

That's about all there is to it. Remove a little wood above the lock for the hammer. For the cost of a Pederosoli lock it probably isn't worth it though. Sell the pistol and buy a flint. I'm guessing on the lock but a Ped. Frontier rifle flintlock lock is about $250 from VTI. The pistol lock is likely disproportionately expensive.

Interesting point. After checking a few websites (VTI, Jedediah Starr) the cost of the lock is actually more than I paid for the gun. (Both sites list a flintlock for this at $170, I paid $120 for the gun on Gunbroker). I would like a flint pistol to go with my flint longrifles in 45 caliber. I will have to mull this one over for a bit. Thanks.

I think it would better to have two pistols in your belt.
One a percussion, and the other a flint.
That way you will always be fashionable :grin:
Be sure that they are both the same cal.
Have a great day! Eh?
Fred

Beat me to the punch. Nothing wrong with owning both.

Heck of a buy, they retail for about $350.

Back