• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pocket Colt Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Uberti 1849 is VERY accurate. It is my favorite handgun to shoot. I shot mine over the chronograph the other day and got the following:

12 grn Pyrodex P - 971 fps
12 grn 3f Triple 7 - 1037 fps
12 grn 3f Goex - 713 fps

These were using a .321 ball with a lubed felt wad. Each was an average of 5 shots fired.

Not a powerhouse by any means, but also nothing to sneeze at. It is on par or slightly better ballistics than 22 lr. from a handgun.

The first revolving ANYTHING I ever owned was a "Baby Dragoon." I got a .321 mold and cast up some OOB and thought I was Jesse James!! I carried it everywhere, but I never measured the powder, just filled the cylinder full then crammed a ball on top. It definitely beat throwing rocks. I don't recall ever killing anything with it.

I wouldn't feel helpless armed with one, but I would certainly feel more comfortable with something self-contained.

I wonder if Mr Cox would agree.
Colt 1849 Pocket (2).JPG
Colt 1849 Pocket (4).JPG

Back