• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Poorly Assembled Brown Bess Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Re-enactors and firearm cleanliness.
They were banned as a group from a range that I used to attend because the neglect of their weapons was considered dangerous. This did not apply to individuals who had shown the right attitude.

Shortly after re-enactor groups were banned at this particular range a group giving a demo at a country town had a fatality.
During the demo a gun failed to fire the owner did nothing other than push the ramrod down the barrel and as they were marching off, the charge fired and the rod fatally wounded the person immediately in front.

That’s the gist of it, I don’t remember all the details.

I grind up a witches brew of charred bone hair horn shavings & charred leather cook all the parts long enough them plunged the lot into cold water '.Bang ' a hairy job! . Not the springs of course But include the side nails ,tang nail and the false breach if it has one plus all wood screw once I put all the slots ' .North & South' Not' any old how 'which mars many new guns.
Rudyard

Back