• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Possible new option for a cap making tool!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on my #11 Capmaker...

Edited all my CNC programs that I had from 10 years back and wrote a couple more. Ran these dies the past 2 days with adjustments and they're making a decent cap with Ace Hardware .014" Amerimax Aluminum. Shooters have been using this metal for several years now and it makes great gas checks. Used to be inexpensive. Don't know what a roll goes for now cause it's been a long time since I've had to buy some more.

I still have to make some fine tuning adjustments tomorrow. They should work with soda cans, .010" soft copper. You just have to experiment but they key to metals is to try before you buy if you were to use anything but these metals I've mentioned because not all metal is suitable to form a cap and can damage the dies. Some AL flashing even thin- .008-.009" can be HARD as a rock.

I'm pretty happy with the outcome of this set. They will work. My dies are also rebuildable yet I've got thousands and thousands in use world wide since 2008 and have only had to rebuild a few that were damaged occasionally.

Price is $119 plus shipping and you need a ram ejector arm for your style of press. Those run $4.95.

When I'm ready I'll post them for sale on my website. I accept pre-paid orders only and ship first come first serve.

God Bless Everybody and our Country and Keep Your Powder Dry...

-Pat
www.patmarlins.com

Here's a link to how they work...
https://patmarlins.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/CheckMakerDiesInstructions.pdf

View attachment 335595
Patmarlin, do you have a vídeo?

Update...

Ok, I'm ready to add the Capmaker™ dies into production and will be shipping first come first serve after testing. Honestly I don’t see any reason why they won't work because they did with my smoke poles 10 years ago, but they will be fully tested by member Sam here before I ship.

Exactly how long wait times will be once I go into full production depends on the demand but typically 30 days. I'm a one man shop and get dies out the door fast as possible, even within a week if life doesn't get in the way but I do not promise shipping times. I prepay shipping when I receive an order and that paper work sits in cue on my shipping bench. My CNC shop is dedicated to my Forming Die Designs and listed products only. I run Hardinge Super Precision Tool Room CNC machines- old American Iron exclusively that are within +/- .0005".

As always I fully guarantee my workmanship to be spot on or I’ll fix it right away.

All orders require prepayment and ship first come first serve. If you would like to get in line and preorder a set, you can here:

https://patmarlins.com/product/capmaker-percussion-cap-forming-dies/

You can always reach me by email with questions any time at:
[email protected]

You can use all credit cards through Venmo or PayPal or send payment by (selecting) the USPS postal money order option.

I return an order confirmation with tips on metals, and shipping tracking notices email when picked up. (One exception is with International orders, for some reason my system sends a shipping notice right away.)

Thanks much for your kindness and business God bless and Keep Your Powder Dry…

Pat

11 Capmaker.jpg

I just ordered a set.

Guys, because of the scams that happen occasionally on here I was concerned that the patmarlin user account may have been a scam trying to get our money based on this thread.

I clicked on a link from an email where I have done business with them in the past to make sure I was on the correct genuine website and then used the posted link to complete the path.

The link is genuine and I have no reason to believe that PatMarlin is not who he says he is. Buy with confidence of his website.

I just ordered a set.

Guys, because of the scams that happen occasionally on here I was concerned that the patmarlin user account may have been a scam trying to get our money based on this thread.

I clicked on a link from an email where I have done business with them in the past to make sure I was on the correct genuine website and then used the posted link to complete the path.

The link is genuine and I have no reason to believe that PatMarlin is not who he says he is. Buy with confidence of his website.
There should be no concerns, Pat and I were in contact about this prior to me posting the thread, since the start of the thread there have been more than a dozen emails between Pat and I. Buy with confidence.

I just ordered a set.

Yep it's me. Just working on getting this new product rolling. I'm happy with it and think it will do well...

Thanks,

Pat

Update...

Ok, I'm ready to add the Capmaker™ dies into production and will be shipping first come first serve after testing. Honestly I don’t see any reason why they won't work because they did with my smoke poles 10 years ago, but they will be fully tested by member Sam here before I ship.

Exactly how long wait times will be once I go into full production depends on the demand but typically 30 days. I'm a one man shop and get dies out the door fast as possible, even within a week if life doesn't get in the way but I do not promise shipping times. I prepay shipping when I receive an order and that paper work sits in cue on my shipping bench. My CNC shop is dedicated to my Forming Die Designs and listed products only. I run Hardinge Super Precision Tool Room CNC machines- old American Iron exclusively that are within +/- .0005".

As always I fully guarantee my workmanship to be spot on or I’ll fix it right away.

All orders require prepayment and ship first come first serve. If you would like to get in line and preorder a set, you can here:

https://patmarlins.com/product/capmaker-percussion-cap-forming-dies/

You can always reach me by email with questions any time at:
[email protected]

You can use all credit cards through Venmo or PayPal or send payment by (selecting) the USPS postal money order option.

I return an order confirmation with tips on metals, and shipping tracking notices email when picked up. (One exception is with International orders, for some reason my system sends a shipping notice right away.)

Thanks much for your kindness and business God bless and Keep Your Powder Dry…

Pat

View attachment 335783
Just ordered two. One for me and one for a friend that is not on this forum.

Hi All,
Like many others here I’m an avid reloader. I have purchased quite a few products from Pat Marlin and am very happy with them all. One of the products he makes is a very high quality press mounted die to make gas checks. I have thought for quite a while now the similarity in the making of percussion caps and gas checks. So today I sent Pat an email asking if he would entertain making a die to make caps. To my surprise he replied within 20 minutes. His response was that he made a prototype quite a while ago, at the time caps weren’t a supply issue. Pat asked that I throw this out here to get a consensus of potential interest. If there is enough interest he would entertain putting them into production. He sent me this picture of the cups his die cut and formed when he initially made the prototype. They are made of 3 metals, .010 copper, .014 aluminum and .004 soda can material. His prototype die is for #11. So I’m throwing this info out there because I know I’d like to have one. I dont work for Pat Marlin, there is nothing in it for me but the prospect of buying a superior cap making tool. You can see his Checkmaker Dies at his website. He has many pictures of his Checkmaker dies and how they are used. I will email him with the level of interest in this die. I encourage you to check out his website and take a look at these dies and respond to this thread if would be interested in this!
Thanks!
Yes, I would be very interested in buying one.
David

Back