• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Predator hunt.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't get to excited. No fox's came in today. Well, not to the muzzleloader. Had one last night and another first this morning to an unmentionable.
This afternoon I went fox calling but non appeared for the ten gauge.
I did get three fallow deer appear about 50yds away whilst calling which was good to observe.

I hung around until it was to dark for my eyes, no NV or flashlights today. Just old school.
It got quite cold to but I loved every minute.
20220123_153727.jpg

What kind of a call do you use? I use a wounded rabbit call for fox and coyote. How much damage to the pelt does the 10 do. I know some guys who use 12ga for coyotes but have not for fox. Just mite try the 10ga on coyotes.

What kind of a call do you use? I use a wounded rabbit call for fox and coyote. How much damage to the pelt does the 10 do. I know some guys who use 12ga for coyotes but have not for fox. Just mite try the 10ga on coyotes.
I squeal on my hand and use a reed type.
No idea what the damage is to the pelt. I don't skin them. Just want them down.

My boss has me cleaning out the coyote population at the feedyard. I work the night shift. I took my .54 Hawken out a few times with zero luck. However I did put down 6 coyotes this month with an unmentionable. 😉

the BRIT'S have humor?? most all of there satire are as dry as a POPCORN FART.

only ever shot 1 coyote and it was with a suppository gun (old style single shot .410 and the luckiest shot of my life, he was on the run, between two trees at 30 yards on a snap shot, instant dirt nap)

he had been at my hens for a few days so I considered it him writing his own death warrant

canines are smart no matter the species it can be hard to get them in ones sights

Back