• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Prime Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharps4590,.... Hey!!.. I never thot 'bout the "age thing",.... maybe it warn't tha "BP" sprinkeled on my popcorn after all,... thet slowed my "production" down!!!! :haha: :applause: :: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You can make priming powder while you drive. Just take a 35 mm plastic film container, fill it 1/3 full of any black powder, add a round ball, close the cap, place it in the trunk of your car or pickup bed for a day or so. Every time you turn the canister moves and the ball grinds the powder. The ball will make dust out of the powder if you forget to check every day.

Joel Lehman, Austin, TX

Wick - that could be that it isn't coated - I just figured it was probably graphited or coated with something so it would flow as it seems to. It's so dusty, but I guess that's just the "fines" in the powder. I have ground up 1F before, and it caked badly. Put it in a film container, "rapp" it on the table, and it would cake in the container, not wanting to flow out - then dump out almost in a lump. Now that I think about it, that was in the Spring, in Smithers, B.C.- could have been high humidity causing the caking.
Daryl

Back