• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

primitive artifact show

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albert

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This show is one of the best in the midwest,I will have some of my collection on display on Saturday only. This is in northeast Mo. on the north side of Mark Twain Lake,about 25mi. from Hannibal.
relicshow.jpg

Looks interesting!

Have you ever found or seen a knapped flint "thunderbird"?

Jim aka kiltiemon

I haven't found one myself,but I haave a friend that found one close to where I live.

Found one in North Georgia, Union County, Lake Nottley on the shoreline of Davenport Mountain, in about six inches of water. I was lamenting to my then wife that her sister's boyfriend could find an arrowhead but I couldn't find a thing. Looked down and saw what looked to be the milky colored gills of a dead salamander or newt or something similar. Turned out it was the knapped wing of a small thunderbird. Beautiful piece! Wondered for the past 32 years now who lost it, when, where it had come from, etc. I made a small thin deerskin bag for it (about 1 3/8 inches wing tip to wing tip. I've carried it ever since. Have never seen another that had such fine craftsmanship. Oddly enough (or perhaps not odd at all, actually), it has opened a few doors for me though it never been shown to anyone except in the bag (the bag has now formed itself around the eagle and the definition is easily seen).

I have a clay (monolithic, the bowl and stem are one piece) frog effigy pipe. Came to me in a rather interesting (almost said unusual) way as well.

Stay well.

Jim aka kiltiemon

Back