• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Problems: Problems

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muzzie- Lots of good advice here. Your original problem was at least partly due to using Triple 7 with a standard nipple. In my experience, it requires a Hot Shot nipple, which Birddog6 told you. See my post on Triple 7 in the Percussion forum, and my photo of Targets with it on the Photo forum. (Wal Mart here has the TC Hot Shot nipple).
Incidentally, I have chronographed the CCI 11 caps and shot them for accuracy against the CCI Magnum, and found no velocity difference (in a .45, .50 and .54), and some worse accuracy and velocity spread with the magnums. Can tell no difference between Remington and CCI, but don't have that other brand.

Back