• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pyrodex in Flintlock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he didn't mean this PB.. :shocked2:
That would be really stupid.

HODPB-2T.jpg

I got some Pyrodex, Black MZ, H2206, AP70N, Trailboss & Black powder.
In turn I put about 5 grains of each onto a wooden board & tried to light each with a ferro rod scraped with a knife. I got real good sparks but the only one to light up was Black powder
O.
edit to add that the pyrodex was a pellet & I shaved some off it.

Stumpkiller said:
Not according to Goex. They say you should not use duplex loads (look on the container).

I think that is probably just one of those "lawyer statements" like so many ridiculous safety warnings we see today. It is more than likely a CYA statement. It covers Goex's back side if the shooter messes up his duplex load and blows up his gun. I have shot duplex loads in one of my flintlocks back when I had some of one of the substitutes and wanted to use it up. No problem-o!

Back