• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pyrodex

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicken:
Beats me pal. When I bought my first case of 25 pounds I had to fill out a FEDERAL form, signed and noterized, copy of my drivers license, etc. fax a copy to get the deal rolling then forward the signed hardcopy, and AGREE NOT to sell, give away, barter, etc. ANY of it, not one grain.
I can't remember what the form # was, but it had the BATF logo all over it.
By the way, possession of an ounce over 50 pounds for personal use is a FEDERAL FELONY.
The point of all this mental masterbation was not how legal or illegal all this is, just that many people can't get black powder locally anymore because of all the legal restraints.
It makes NO DIFFERENCE if the laws are Federal mandates, or local laws, the point is that NOT ONE gun shop in my area will handle black powder due to all the legalities involved.
Then there is property and liablity insurance to contend with.
The point was to understand that many, many, people MUST use faux black or not shoot muzzle loaders at all.
I don't get down on anyone for using T-7 or pyrodex because black isn't easy to come by.
After all I'm not the period correct Nazi.
And by the way, after looking more carefully I see your handle really is "coop", not soup.
No offense meant and my deepest most humble applogies.
No sense slamming me however.
My handle is Maxiball. I get called maxiballs, maxi-pad, maxi-mouth, maxi-ass and much, much worse and take it with good natured humor.
After all Chicken, these are just words on a screen, it takes a certain amount of maturity to understand that humor and good fellowship is part of what these forums are about.
Lighten up a bit and enjoy yourself here. You won't find a better bunch of good natured, fun loving and helpful people anywhere.
That includes your web site, which, incidently was quite nice. :applause: :applause:

Oh, and BTW, my name is not "Chicken soup" - from a "Moderator", I would expect a more professional behavior.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :crackup:

He hasn't seen one of our paychecks, has he? "Professional" implies some form of remuneration for an area of expertise. We is paid zilch, but ask nothing more. Proof enough that we moderators here are all a few clowns short of a circus.

harpman!!!!!!!!!!!
I checked out your site.
Freakin' fantastic dude!
:RO:Loved it! :applause: :applause: :applause:

As all 'fake' black Powders are actually smokeless powders, they are Class "B" explosives instead of Class "A" explosives such as real black powder. The shipping of the phony ones is much easier.

Er...no, they're not. Smokeless powders are stailized mixtures containing nitrocellulose or a combination of nitrocellulose and nitrogylycerin. Pyrodex and the other BP substitutes contain nitrates or perchlorates, but no nitrated organic compounds.

-Old Dog

Back