• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Quality Gun Barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 dogs

Pilgrim
Reaction score
High quality gun barrels are hard to come by & usually a long waiting list. Recently I recieved 2 rifle barrels & a smooth barrel from Scott Barrel Co. Not only did I get speedy service but these barrels were superbly finished inside & out. No scratches & gouges like other brands of barrels I have used in the past.

:hmm: Rice Barrel Company of Clyde, NC also makes outstanding barrels. At this time I think they are only making swamped barrels in calibers of .32 to .62 both rifled and smooth bore.

Don,

Scott barrels are lead lapped and he will cone them free of charge. He does straights, tapers, and Oct-rnds. He'll do custom orders but I don't believe he's tooled up for swamps. Saw one of his in a Don Pitch rifle on Track a while back that was square for the first 9" then Oct. Don told me he like doing business with Scott because he could get what he wanted in a timely fashion. I have a straight barrel from Scott that I'm building a southern rifle around at the moment. Was pretty impressed. The straight barrel I got was $145 + $10 shipping and he had it mailed out to me as soon as he got my check. Outside finish is very slick as is the inside.

If you call him, you'll probably get an aswering machine. He will get back to you pretty quickly.

Sean

Sorry didn't have it with me. No website. Believe his first name is Anthony.

PO box 1054
Mannford, OK 74044
918-358-2933

Sean

Back