• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question for the lefties

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another lefthander here. I started shooting percussion right handed without difficulty, so the first flintlock I purchased was also right-handed. It took some getting used to, but now I'm so focussed I don't notice the flash. However, if I was just starting out, I'd probably go for the left handed models, of which there are a good number to choose from.
Actually, the most important thing when shooting a flintlock at the range is to warn the fellow next to you before you pull the trigger. Alot of stuff comes flying out of the touchhole! Either that, or install a flash guard...

This discussion just brought back a most humorous experience of my own. I shoot right handed (I am a leftie but right eye dominant). On a trip with a friend, my gun failed (stupid in-line - that is now why I got a flinter). My partner hands me his gun to take the shot. It is left handed. That was a first..... Needless to say, there is venison in the freezer. My thought - do what feels right for you. I never saw a thing other than the sights and the meat in front of me.

Good luck!

To all the lefties who won't shot a righty, how about the righties that won't shoot a lefty? I have the perfect answer for both lefties and righties, send me all your bouble barreled flinters and none of you will ever be bothered with the problem again. :crackup: :crackup:

Back