• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Re-vamp the site?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uh-ok-5ca824.jpg

I think @westrayer was joshing. Guns in the classifieds are awfully tempting. I try not to go there intentionally, but once in a while there is a Classified link in the “New Posts” section and I get pulled in and find something I don’t need and can’t afford but really, really want…

Lead us not into temptation…

Seriously though, I think this forum is terrific just as it is. I hope they don’t change anything. A tip o’the hat to the moderators, too. They have a tough job, but they do it well, and they manage us varmints with an even hand.

Notchy Bob

I hear you @westrayer
This place is awful. Folks motivating and encouraging by showing awesome stuff they built and made! Some of them are inconsiderate enough to put it on the classifieds. Darn moderators put them classifieds right there to find them.
Think I need the site to make a "one classifieds visit per week" rule. Don't they know I'm weak and prone to temptation? Don't they know I'm the fool easily separated from his money?
I hear you...but then again, guess I'll let it be just as it is.

Last edited:
I would like this site a whole lot better if the format was changed so that classified are hard to find...
How about it? First thing that I do is check the ads, then look at threads in flintlocks and then caplocks.
I am not needing anything, but I keep looking.
Hard to believe some don't get your "tongue in cheek" humor, eh?

I get it, and don't entirely disagree with you 🤣

I WANT to see the new classifieds when I click on "New Posts". Don't change a thing. Two guns I bought from fellow forum members where initiated by a first view of their classified ads in the new posts listings. It's a great way of spotting something I want and getting to it before someone else beats me to it. ;)

Kinda like having to go to the back of the Pharmacy to buy medicine. They should change that, too.
And hey, who likes long red lights at intersections? They should stop them from turning red so often. I really don’t like that.
Wow, good thread! I think we’re really on to something now…

And hey, who likes long red lights at intersections? They should stop them from turning red so often. I really don’t like that.
They started putting in roundabouts around here about a decade or so ago. At first I was opposed. But after getting used to them, I kinda like them. Zooming through an intersection, just missing collisions with other vehicles, no red lights to stop for - traffic flow continues, and ... it's kinda fun!! In the final analysis, roundabouts work rather well. No more t-bone collisions. If somebody misjudges, it just results in a minor side-swipe. Sometimes change is good. You just have to get used to it and make it work to your advantage.

Latest posts

Back