• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Real black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In some guns real BP can be more accurate...but of course every gun a law unto it's self...or something like that!

In my Remington Navy, it will shoot a 1.5" group at 20 yards with Swiss ffg. With 777 that will open up about an extra inch, even playing around with the charge. I notice the 777 strings a bit from right to left, acutally makes a kind of half-moon string, with the moon laying on it's back...some kind of velocity spread going on I would guess. Swiss cuts a nice round group.

I can get plenty of Goex locally, but the closest Swiss I can find is in Montana. Soon as I can afford it I will get a whole case, and then sell some off. I have four very hungry mouths to feed, two .58's, a .62 and a .75"!!! That's not including the two revolvers, who don't eat much.

Rat

Hey STUMPKILLER...
GLAD TO MEET YA! Yea....Fairmont is a nice town.
That is where I met my wife......I am very happy 'bout
that.
Guess I am gonna have to buy in bulk now too.
there is a gunshow in Fairmont this weekend and iffin I Kaint find me some 2f in 1lb cans...I am gonna buy
50 lbs in bulk.....I think that should last a few weeks..
if my shootin shoulder can take it! I been shootin those maxiballs with 100 grains and it SURE KICKS.
I just tried them last Saturday for the first time.
I had a loose tooth untill that GPR jumped ......
I dont haffta go to the dentist to get her pulled now....the recoil knocked CLEAN OUT...
wow

******** WV SCROUNGER ****

well i guess if it gets too much worse we may haqve to get even more pc and make our own :shake: :rolleyes:

Hey STUMPKILLER...
GLAD TO MEET YA! Yea....Fairmont is a nice town.
That is where I met my wife......I am very happy 'bout
that.
Guess I am gonna have to buy in bulk now too.
there is a gunshow in Fairmont this weekend and iffin I Kaint find me some 2f in 1lb cans...I am gonna buy
50 lbs in bulk.....I think that should last a few weeks..
if my shootin shoulder can take it! I been shootin those maxiballs with 100 grains and it SURE KICKS.
I just tried them last Saturday for the first time.
I had a loose tooth untill that GPR jumped ......
I dont haffta go to the dentist to get her pulled now....the recoil knocked CLEAN OUT...
wow

******** WV SCROUNGER ****

FYI...jjpyrotechnics in Moscow, PA delivers cases of Goex to my door for $227...$9/Lb...and they'll mix granulations anyway you request

how did shoot the 777? 777 is at least 10% hotter, so to get about 100 grains you need to shoot 90. Also 777 is a lot cleaner, so if you use a lot of lube, you'll have to cut way down.

either you are paying too much for BP or I'm paying too much for pyrodex. Goex goes for around $8/pd and pyrodex for around $13 when picked up. :m2c:

Back