• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Really New

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peters_ham

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well - I bought this old farmhouse (1760) with 17 acres and I was buying some antiques from this couple. Had a rifle too - liked the look.

Next thing you know I am the proud owner of a 1978 Kit Build 50 Cal TC (does not say Hawken on barrel but I suspect it is) that had never been shot without a scratch on her (on the wall for her entire life).

Well I have since taken three shots with her (with inline powder no less)- one dry (long story) and now I am starting to find out how little I know. I am planning on some deer hunting out back with her so starting to figure that out.

Putting a sling on her and want to get a Peep Site I suppose.

Anyways ! Glad to be here and so far I am into it! :shocked2:

Welcome to the gang! You're starting on the right track anyway. Read some of the postings here and if you're not totally bewildered, ask any questions you have...ask even if you're not bewildered! :haha:

Aw, gee Peters. You went and bought a 1760 house on acreage in New England. If we ask real nice, can we see some pictures of said house?
The only thing vaguely European in Oregon in 1760 was a scattering of trade iron and venereal disease among coastal tribes ...

:redface:

Latest posts

Back