• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recovered Roundball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics! the ball could have tumbled , but being a RB, does it matter? If it did , it was more than likely after impact.I think :confused:

Somewhere, I have a recoved .445 pure lead round ball from a deer shot at about 80 yards. Only one I ever recovered. It is almost 100% intact and the size of a quarter. If I locate I'll take pics and post.

DSCF6584-1.jpg

DSCF4935.jpg

.62 cal ball. Right around 330 grains.
through both sholder blades of a cow elk. Lodged under the skin on the far side.

Worked as advertised!

ElkBall003.jpg

GrnMtn, You always have the most amazing pictures. I wish some of these high power rifle jocks could see how much damage, and how much expansion, we get from a "Little Round Ball"...I get alot of flack from the locals, because I gave up modern firearms...Nice posts everyone..thouroughly enjoyed them...I have never recovered a ball, as of yet

Back