• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Removing stuck brush from barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I add a bit of solder to the brush in the area that seems to come apart easier. Never had a problem since.

On some ML's I use a brush with a damp patch followed by a dry patch after every shot.

Fleener

Question! How about the use of nylon brushes! I've heard that the flex in the bristles is less likely to hang up. I have used them and they did work well.
What say you. Art

Stumpkiller said:
Or quit using brushes in muzzleloaders. ;-)
After a couple of close calls I concur with this sentiment.
Haven't used one in a few years and I don't miss them at all. No more panic moments when I think a brush is stuck. A patch on a jag gets things clean.

For really nasty fouling and rust I use VFG cleaning pellets. The super aggressive ones impregnated with brass fibers. I got a brush stuck once. That was enough.

Back