• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

rice barrels........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barbie,
I think the left hand gunmaker's lock would be a good seller. It would eliminate the need for some of the other styles of locks in the lefty version. I for one would buy it exclusively, as it would give me so much more flexibility in building.

Please twist Jim's arm real hard, as I've tried to do that and haven't had success. :haha:

Thanks
I.C.

God bless you for being good with the words to speak for all of us who are behind and still slugging away. You have seen our setup and know exactly how small we are. Matt and I don't even get the vacation deal here. But the advantage in doing what we do is that we really love the sport and the people. I can honestly say that 99.9% of our customers are GREAT. I try to remember and thank them, but in case I forgot and you are listening "THANK YOU" for being patient, understanding and kind to us.
Toni (Slash)
P.S. Slash comes from secretary/seamstress, cook, accountant,wife, mother, etc

I live up the hollow from the shop where Liston profiles barrels and does some of the other work. I bought locks from him years ago when he and L.C. and David were L&R lock company. I've been in the shop many times--Liston often is there past 8 p.m. When he is on the phone he can't be running the machinery or doing any of the other things it takes to get our barrels out. He personally does a lot of the work--no sitting in an air conditioned office while illegal aliens feed stock into cnc machines.

I haven't seen L.C. in a while, but he is just as busy with his end of the "hands on" operation. We've all been spoiled by instant communication--telephones, internet, faxes. I'll bet nobody who is complaining has any business so urgent it can't be done by mail or wait till these boys can get to the phone.

For those that don't know, SLASH is Toni Avance, wife of Matt Avance, and co-owner of Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading, Inc...

A while back, I called and got Toni and asked to speak to Matt about an order. With her beautiful southern drawl, (and my bad hearing), I understood her to say that Matt had his hands in "A POSSUM" at the moment and would call me back shortly.

I figgered he was getting supper ready.

Well, a few minutes later he DID call back and explained that his hands were in EPOXY and not a Possum. Guess he had to eat at Mc Something that night.
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Seriously, let's support our home grown suppliers as much as possible, even though most are a year or more behind.

Plan Ahead!

Sorry Toni,and
Regards,
Terry

Hi Terry,
Maybe the computer is a better communication tool for me (no visible drawl). Matt is rolling with laughter at my expense as usual. I keep telling him Southern mothers start this drawl teaching at birth.
Slash

Back