• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RIFLE NAME

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CARBABY

40 Cal.
Reaction score
What’s the name of your rifle? Seems like some of the past years personalities had names for their favorite Weapon/Rifle. Example: Daniel Boone ”“ “Betsy” ”“ So, just out of curiosity muzzleloader personalities. What is your rifle and What’s the name of it? (Me mindful of the forum rules now.) Describe what is followed by it’s name~ example: Kentucky Long Rifle, 36 Cal, flintlock, -name “Puff”

CENTERMARK TULLE 62 SMOOTHBORE....COORINE, (AFTER COOR'S, THE ORIGINAL!) CUSTOM FLINTER 50 PENN,RIFLE... CLARE, AFTER THE GUY WHO BUILT IT! AND CVA 50 PENN FLINTER, MISS RELIABLE! WELL,TILL THE SPIKEHORN INCIDENT, (THINKIN THAT WAS MY FAULT.....KNEW FLINT NEEDED CHANGING,PLUS THE SNOW...(BOOK OF EXCUSES #3 PAGE 427).....

My custom built early Lancaster .54 caliber flinter is the first rifle I ever named.
Her name is "Patience".
An old name for an old style rifle.
What do I need when I head for the game trails? Patience.
What will I learn from shooting a flintlock? Patience.

My .58 cal.Hawken I called Sadie Hawkens or just Sadie for years. Now, mostly I call her "the ole gal" and she has been a goodun. My other guns and rifles I have never named. You don't name something ya might sell if the price is right. :winking:

Cherry Girl

Cherryandlogs.jpg

Her working name from her "Daddy" as he was building her. If something else presents itself after I've lived with her for a while I may rename her; with the appropriate ceremony, of course. So far it's working out.

I named my underhammer shirley after my wife. not romantic at all. there was 2 reasons they both can be very loud and will both hurt you if you arent very careful with them.. :winking:

I call my chambers .62 smoothrifle my ".62 smoothrilfe....same with my ."54 smoothrife"...the .58 french fusil is my "Fusil". my .50 early lancaster longrifle is...my ."50 rifle"... and so on...not very imaginative but it works for me

Always liked the name "Bowhoop" which was Nash Buckingham's back bored double 10 gauge duck gun. My 75 rifle is called Thumper. The 75 smoothy is not finished yet so she does not have a name. GC

Berks County .40 cal - Crippler

Lancaster .54 - Thumper

.62 English Fowler - :hmm: It really hasn't earned one yet.

I have thought of nameing mine Maggie May, the wife's first and middle name but I dunno...the way things work for me one of the two is going to get either mad or jealous. Maybe both of them...egads! I can handle one of them...but Good Lord...both...be a fate worse than death. :shocked2: :haha:

My T/C Greyhawk used to be "the .54" until I got a .54 Renegade, now it's "the GreyHawk" and "the Renegade". But my old CVA Hawkens is "my Baby".
My son calls his LH Lyman Deerslayer "lefty".

Nobody calls their flintlock "sparky" yet??. :hmm: :hmm: thought that was a given :grin:

Cody

BTW, no names yet

My 54./44" Berks longrifle fetches to the name 'Jeremiah'
Though graceful in all the right places, he exhibits a dark, commanding presence, and speaks with unquestioned authority -decidedly masculine.
Put a face to the name at post #133777.
~Longshot

The 50 Lancaster I finished this spring, I dubbed Murphy because everything that could go wrong did when I built it.

The .58 Hawken I christened Thumper.

Out of six rifles those are the only two that I have hung a name on.

"Patience" ~ OOOH! Thaaat's OLD School. It causes one to ponder, has social redeeming value and gives moral turpitued to it's use.
I LIKE IT!
PRAY TELL: When you pull the trigger does that
flintlock say "Thank---Quooo" for honoring it with that name???

my underhammer is Old Tackdriver
my 870 remington is the Flyswatter
my Boys .58 shorty is the Cannon

Back