• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RIFLE NAME

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of "Ol' Joe"

Misc_004.jpg

Named after my Grandfather. I"ve got a snubbie named "Rosie" after Rosie O'Donnell because it's short, fat, and loud. :haha:

-Shooey

You know what? This is crazy. I have 6 recurve bows, all of which have names. I have 10 guitars, all of which have names, but my guns... for some reason, I haven't named any of them. Except my twin 1851 navy colt revolvers, "Death and Despair". My longrifle, though. It's a 50 cal traditions pensylvania. I've not really thought of a name for it. I'll have to think on that one.

I've only got one that has a name, 'the teddy bear rifle'..it is an original, USA bbl CVA mountain rifle. I hadn't shot it in years, and was going to give it to a friend to hang over the fireplace in her Vt. ski condo. Her husband declined it on the grounds he saw the condo as "more of a teddy bear place" than a gun place...I decided to shoot it one last time before putting it back in the rack and found it was a tack driver...now my favorite..Hank

Guncobbler, good name for the .75. My .75 is named Elk Thumper, stamped it right on the top flat of the barrel.
Deathwind, Deathwind would be an excellent name for a rifle.

My 1st flinter was a numeric arms minuteman kit. It wasn't all that purty, but worked very well! I named it BRAND-X as most of the people I shot with had Custom flinters and we were always making comparisons. My charle gun is named after the maker as is my smith gun.

othern

Just two names so far, smokey, and meat getter. That leaves me with a lot to think about. Smokey is my Parker hale, and Meat getter we wont mention what it is on this site but it is .50 cal.
Fox :thumbsup:

"Deathwind" IT IS, a good name for my rifle. All those FEAR and REEK OF DESPAIR standing before
the "Deathwind." Many pray that they are not touched by the smote of the "Deathwind." James Fenimore Cooper (The author) would have wrote of
the Epic of Deathwind {had he lived long enough.} Hawkeye would have cried out for forgiveness before the "Deathwind" Heed the word to all, be forwarned not to challenge the wrath of the "Deathwind."
{......Oh! Golly! I'm just not right in the head} That's another great aspect of this muzzleloading hobby ....one can break free of modern life and dream...of...

Cherry Girl has a self-portrait tattoo, also. :winking:

LibertyHead2.jpg

There's a town called "Bolivar" in NY that was on the old canal system, and one fur trapper had a rifle named "Bolivar Evil". I always liked that one. Somehow, "Binghamton Evil" just lacks that same ring to it.

Ol' Dan'l Boone's rifle was "Tick Licker" because she could take ticks off a dog's back without disturbin the hair.

My new officers bess is called Monty after the State it was made in and the gutsy guy who gave Rommel a run for his money in the desert. My bess is called Bess. My Ped Gibbs is Florence. The whitworth is Mr Whitworth , the Jaeger and Tryon are un named the pair of Enfields are bastards and the baker is ma Baker. The shotguns dont have a name except for The Manton which is Joseph

Hum!!! Baker = Ma Baker. Ever think of sell'n that Manton and buying a Purdey? Then you could have a Pertty Purdey. Whops, I stand corrected make that a Purty Purdey

That "Cherry Girl" portrait must have been taken from a picture of the Great Great Grandmother of Marge Simpson~ {Hair Looks similar} She got a check piece? Any engraving on the patch box??

Buffalo Bill named his rolling block rifle (I think that was what he used) Lucrecia Borgia - after the Italian assasin. Pretty but deadly. Heck, he won HIS name with that rifle! Yeah, anyone else catch Wild West tech?? :grin:

Hangfeyer said:
Buffalo Bill named his rolling block rifle (I think that was what he used) Lucrecia Borgia - after the Italian assasin. Pretty but deadly. Heck, he won HIS name with that rifle! Yeah, anyone else catch Wild West tech?? :grin:

How about "Widdermaker", "Trudy", "BarKiller" , "Griz","MarthaJane" ,or "Makem Come" :grin:

Davy

Got one named, my .36 H&A buggy rifle is called "li'l bit" after my oldest granddaughter. The other is just "that Spanish rifle", but it shoots good enough to get christened. :hmm: Somethin'll come to me.

WHA--HOOO! MUCH better picture/s than the wood pile picture. That first wood pile picture didn't do 'er justice (at all). One definitely can see why see has 'er given name. Keep it! Don't Change it! Compliments to the Chef who created that Cherry dessert. Saaweet! Must drive a man wild with other's desiring 'er.

"PRUDENCE" One simply doesn't cut and run after exposing us to a photo of Prudence. Tell us why the chosen name..? Mr. Webster says "3. Skill and good judgement in the use of resources." Yep photos verify that. SOME ONE throw a log on the fire! Everyone move close to the warmth and listen while YOU tell the story of why/how "Prudence" got the name.

"Crazy" ~ Court says that plea don't cut it. More like ABUSE, a Longrifle with no name? Shameful Demeanor! Longrifles need Love to. You best go apologize. Provide some comfort by holding and ask for forgiveness. A little promise of better treatment and a little oil here and there might keep that rifle from picken up with a bad lot ....might start hang'n with TROUBLE, FORGOTTEN, and the evil RUSTY.

Back