• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Roundball prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwindy said:
Redfeather,

Thanks for the heads up. I went to my local Dick's and picked up 3 boxes (100 roundball) for $7 per box. Beats anything online I could find. Shipping really kills any price advanatage for online when you are shipping LEAD. Been eyeing the M/L stuff at Wal-Mart but it hasn't gone on sale yet.
Just an FYI if you're not aware of it...not long ago the USPS added a $7.70 Flat Rate shipping carton to their options...it's almost the size of a shoebox and no matter how much it weighs when you fill it, the shipping will only cost a flat rate of $7.70...I recently bought 20 boxes of Hornady .440's...shipping was only $7.70.

That flat rate thing is great! i bought,10 bxs. of 495 balls,and 23 lead ingots ,some patches etc.total weight was 53 pounds, my mailman weighed it before delivery,said that just wasn't right 53 lbs. for $8.10 gotta love the look on his face when he delivered it....

RC said:
That flat rate thing is great! i bought,10 bxs. of 495 balls,and 23 lead ingots ,some patches etc.total weight was 53 pounds, my mailman weighed it before delivery,said that just wasn't right 53 lbs. for $8.10 gotta love the look on his face when he delivered it....
Looks like you added Delivery Confirmation...I always do too

sounds like great prices on both to me. just spent $9.95 for a box of .530's. :thumbsup:

Roundball where did you order from that had the Flat rate? The normal online stores I checked didn't offer the flat rate shipping?

mwindy said:
Roundball where did you order from that had the Flat rate? The normal online stores I checked didn't offer the flat rate shipping?
Sorry for the delay...just noticed your post...my purchases were not from businesses...I buy a lot of my stuff from individuals I hear about, or through auctions I find, etc, so my references are one time situations where someone had bought out a small Mom & Pop ML business in their garage or something, then resells the stuff.
Individuals are usually good about working with buyers to ship the way the buyer wants...companies may be so automated into UPS type shipping systems that they can't/won't offer the USPS alternatives...dunno.

Back