• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sales of Firearms and Ammo at Flea Market

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It stems from a recent ATF rule that anyone selling a firearm for profit has to have an FFL, or use an FFL (read tracking tool). They used that as a reason to do a "no knock" raid on a citizen, at the wee hours of the morning, without body cams, after covering his camera, and murder him.
Bingo!

That atf Arkansas raid is going to bite them in the butt ….. that’s under the microscope now, we will hear more close to November im sure. No one wants a criminal or nutcase to get a firearm, but as was posted above, these types usually don’t go for 22’s shotguns, and black powder guns like you find at a flea market. The way the law is ( unless it changes) in Missouri, a seller is not responsible for a background check. It’s all on the buyer, and you can’t be held accountable for misuse of the gun you sold…. But who knows at the federal level, and anti gun lawyers will come to bleed you dry if a tragedy happens.

The ATF issued a new rule (which they do not have the authority to do) that is making all private sellers scared.
26 states are sueing the ATF over the unlawful implementation of this law. It’s extremely vague if you read the ATFs new rule. Upsetting to see our rights be infringed on.

Be sure to contact your federal legislative representative and voice your concerns.

I believe they have to prove that you are selling to earn a profit on a large scale, I don’t think an occasional sale is prohibited- but they are working on it!
They’re intentionally vague with the new ATF rule, it doesn’t even specify any volume. Technically one private sale with a single dollar of profit could make someone a felon.

They’re hoping to scare people away from exercising their rights.

Funny you can sell 7 cars a year in my state before you need to become a dealer (in my state). Specific and clear rules are how government should work instead we get vague suggestions like “engaged in the business”

It's ridiculous. Back in the 90s everyone was just getting an FFL so they could buy and sell guns without a hassle.

But oh no, can't have all these "kitchen table gun sellers" running around, so they made it much harder to get an FFL.

Now they want all private sellers to be an FFL.
They also jacked up the cost of renewal's mine went from $33 to $300 so I sent it back to them with my bound book as required. Then they started hassling me for about a year wanting to know the name and address of my employee or partner. I finally convinced them I never had an employee or partner.

They also jacked up the cost of renewal's mine went from $33 to $300 so I sent it back to them with my bound book as required. Then they started hassling me for about a year wanting to know the name and address of my employee or partner. I finally convinced them I never had an employee or partner.
I think the newest tactic is making someone have a storefront or something along those lines. They are definitely moving the goalpost all the time.

That atf Arkansas raid is going to bite them in the butt ….. that’s under the microscope now, we will hear more close to November im sure. No one wants a criminal or nutcase to get a firearm, but as was posted above, these types usually don’t go for 22’s shotguns, and black powder guns like you find at a flea market. The way the law is ( unless it changes) in Missouri, a seller is not responsible for a background check. It’s all on the buyer, and you can’t be held accountable for misuse of the gun you sold…. But who knows at the federal level, and anti gun lawyers will come to bleed you dry if a tragedy happens.
While this ride made the news, and investigation into the raid made the news, all of a sudden the news is quiet.
I'm still trying to pay attention, but there is no information available.????.

Cabelas will no longer ship ml’s or percussion revolvers to customers. You have to be in the store buy. They seen the last of me.
And you play right into their hands.

Cabella's makes a business decision in response to Government actions and you jump out and punish Cabella's even more.

Chased any Ambulances lately?

What kind of statement is this? Are you having a bad day?
And you play right into their hands.

Cabella's makes a business decision in response to Government actions and you jump out and punish Cabella's even more.

Chased any Ambulances lately?
Other vendors will ship bp firearms right to your door, but Cabelas chooses not to. Those other vendors are living under the same government, right?

Cabela's ship a Cap and Ball Revolver.
To a Fella in Ohio he shot someone, he was a convicted felon. Ohio does not allow felons to possess antique firearms. Then a few years later they shipped to a percussion rifle to a different fella again in Ohio and he too was a convicted felon. He shot his neighbor with it after an argument.

In store only and you have to fill out the same forum as you would for a modern firearm.

You can find that info online.

While this ride made the news, and investigation into the raid made the news, all of a sudden the news is quiet.
I'm still trying to pay attention, but there is no information available.????.
There is a video on YouTube with the attorney of guy who was murdered. It's worth a watch. They also treated his wife pretty poorly. The ATF is going to take it in the shorts for this one. Especially since all of them conveniently didn't have body cams on. Even the local PD were not wearing them.

All according to plan.
And Brandon and Co. are NOT going after the big box type sporting goods/firearm stores -- just the small businesses and home based FFL's. In the past small paperwork mistakes or misspells were being told to correct. Now, BATFE revokes license.

It's ridiculous. Back in the 90s everyone was just getting an FFL so they could buy and sell guns without a hassle.

But oh no, can't have all these "kitchen table gun sellers" running around, so they made it much harder to get an FFL.

Now they want all private sellers to be an FFL.
Or have a curio & antiques license

Nah, this one is all on Cabela's.

Here is the short version of the story: A few years ago, a convicted felon bought a percussion black powder revolver from Cabela's. Felon then used it to murder someone. Cabela's was sued for selling it to the felon. Even though by federal law they were not required to perform any kind of background check on people buying percussion black powder revolvers, evidently the case brought was that it was an illegal sale in Ohio. The gist of the available text is that somehow the felon revealed that he was a felon but the Cabela's employee sold to him anyway.

https://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=92189&start=15

https://cooperelliott.com/cooper-el...ping-policy-changes-for-a-major-gun-retailer/

In response, Cabela's stopped shipping muzzleloading/percussion arms in the mail to your doorstep. In addition, you have to go to the store and fill out a "fake 4473". It is like the 4473, but has no government use or standing. It's just a CYA form for Cabela's.

Cabela's could have continued to ship mail order and just have an online form or checkbox you filled out just like their fake 4473.

But, they caved and decided to stop mail order delivery of black powder firearms.

There are many vendors that will ship to your doorstep no problem.

Back