• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Salvage project- "Colonial" pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Project Update:The brass pieces didn't work, so I replaced them with inlays of antler glue in place. Added some faux striping with India ink, over top of one coat each of vinegaroon and linseed oil. It's not nice, but it adds to it and I had fun trying faux striping for the first time. Another coat of oil when over the stripes, but I may do one more coat. Next gun I faux stripe will be better.
Now to reassemble and finish the ramrod.

Attachments

• 20240715_153938.jpg
    20240715_153938.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240715_154505.jpg
    20240715_154505.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I had the same kit gun, except flintlock. I was 13 at the time and ordered it from an ad in the back of Outdoor Life magazine. Gave many an armadillo hell with that gun. It's what got me started in muzzleloaders. That was about 55 years ago.

Back