• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scammers.............

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get text messages telling me my iCloud payment is due and if not paid I'll lose all my photos and other data! iCloud payments are auto-pay and set up through personal info. All these bastards want is for you to send them data such that they want your Visa or other card number!! Oh...as to WASHINGTON thieves, day before yesterday I deleted 760 text from politicians wanting $$$$$$! I don't send a cent.....and with one push....delete all of them. The text come in on silent mode so I don't have to listen to their garbage. Every state has allowed this to take place as the politicians fixed it so all these text could come in to suspected donors! A POX on all the bastards!!

Last edited:
I used to get those calls from Sgt So and So from the Fraternal Order of Police asking for donations for some bogus event that supports law enforcement. I always just hung up immediately. Lately, I get spam calls probably 5 or 6 times a week. I just look at the phone screen and it will say Spam non profit or other such ID, I quickly swipe ignore.

I've also had the women who try to buy whatever I'm selling on Marketplace. First it seems odd a woman would be interested in a beat up leaking automotive floor jack. They would ask for my number or address immediately. It was usually, "I buy it, give number". Obviously coming from someone in another country with limited knowledge of the English language. Delete!

And does anyone get messages here from Meriwether a supposed administrator asking to upgrade to special support member for $9.99? I see these in my private messages from time to time.

Last edited:
I used to get those calls from Sgt So and So from the Fraternal Order of Police asking for donations for some bogus event that supports law enforcement. I always just hung up immediately. Lately, I get spam calls probably 5 or 6 times a week. I just look at the phone screen and it will say Spam non profit or other such ID, I quickly swipe ignore.

I've also had the women who try to buy whatever I'm selling on Marketplace. First it seems odd a woman would be interested in a beat up leaking automotive floor jack. They would ask for my number or address immediately. It was usually, "I buy it, give number". Obviously coming from someone in another country with limited knowledge of the English language. Delete!

And does anyone get messages here from Meriwether a supposed administrator asking to upgrade to special support member for $9.99? I see these in my private messages from time to time.
I got one of those just this morning

Since many of us got the same emails supposedly about sales from Muzzle Loaders, mine from an ebay seller, its obvious I think that they are compromised, and all their buyer info is now in the scammers hands.
As long as nobody opens the links on these emails it should all be good.
Never open the links.
I use Google for my emails and DuckDuckGo from my search engine, so I don't get a lot of fake spam stuff and Google has been real good about sticking stuff that's suspicious into my spam column. Well I got an e-mail from Facebook that made sense but it was in my spam column, and of course I opened the darn thing and it wasn't from them but that turned loose a bunch of emails, roughly 50 a day, about all kinds of things from wild sex to buy a new car for nothing and I would just go online every day and delete these 50 or so messages. That went on clean up until probably November and then they started to decrease, I had complained to Google about it what I could change and I was ready to get a different e-mail address and cancel the old one. Well anyway, they start to go less and less, i don't know what google did if they did anything, but now I only get my normal 6-7 a day, none of them are from muzzleloader forum or people trying to sell me firearms and they are the common ones that I do recognize but I just don't open them when I stick them in spam. It was a good object lesson for me, don't open it if you don't know for certain where it come from.

A few days ago I placed an order with Track of The Wolf. Decided to check on it this morning so I logged onto my email account. Tracking information they provided states the package is not far away and expected delivery tomorrow. The very next two emails were from some scammers stating there was an error on my order and they under-charged me. They were requesting I send $6.34 to them, just click onto the link. They are dumb enough to contend they are from UPS. Do those pinheads actually believe that UPS would be contacting me for an error TOTW made?

My God, scammers are everywhere and have been on the increase lately, at least with me. I was hoping they would stay away from our beloved muzzleloading sport but as we have seen recently with others that has been posted on here, that is not the case.

Also, my phone has been lighting up lately with increased scammers. Received two calls yesterday, one even leaving a voice mail. It has gotten to the point were we cannot trust anyone we do not know. Between shipping war stories on muzzleloaders and scammers, this limits us traditional folks even more.

I feel bad for the elderly that are easy prey for such predators.

Watch yourselves, folks.
If you send me $7.99, I'll put you on a scam-proof list! ;)

I also find it interesting that almost all of the so-called IRS or law enforcement agency employees who call on the phone demanding fine payments have an Eastern Europe, Indian or Pakistani accent....
I'm thinking of telling them that, as a native English speaking person with bad hearing, I can't understand what they're saying, and could they have a native English speaker call me instead. Also, is Medicare wants to contact me, they can send me a letter in the mail, which confuses them also.

Using a secondary email provider that forwards to your primary email seems to help. It provides a way to double your junk mail protection and allows blockage on two levels. Some use 3+ email services each screening out junk before forwarding to next. Other benefits include having a throwaway email address for sketchy sites that demand you provide one prior to access. Not sure it works as well as VPN but down to one or two scam/junk emails per month.

Yeah I'm getting real tired of being begged to upgrade to a membership. I've never paid to be on a forum in my life. I don't plan to start now.

I use Google for my emails and DuckDuckGo from my search engine, so I don't get a lot of fake spam stuff and Google has been real good about sticking stuff that's suspicious into my spam column. Well I got an e-mail from Facebook that made sense but it was in my spam column, and of course I opened the darn thing and it wasn't from them but that turned loose a bunch of emails, roughly 50 a day, about all kinds of things from wild sex to buy a new car for nothing and I would just go online every day and delete these 50 or so messages. That went on clean up until probably November and then they started to decrease, I had complained to Google about it what I could change and I was ready to get a different e-mail address and cancel the old one. Well anyway, they start to go less and less, i don't know what google did if they did anything, but now I only get my normal 6-7 a day, none of them are from muzzleloader forum or people trying to sell me firearms and they are the common ones that I do recognize but I just don't open them when I stick them in spam. It was a good object lesson for me, don't open it if you don't know for certain where it come from.
Why don't you look into Proton mail (proton.me), it's encrypted and extremely secure. It unencrypts when people receive your emails and theirs are encrypted when they reach you, all done seamlessly. They also offer a VPN, encrypted calendar, secure your files and photos and more. I admit it may not currently have as many bells and whistles as some but it keeps adding more and frankly, at my age I don't use them all anyway.

My wife got a call from a “sheriffs deputy” this week at work, on the office phone. They stated that she had skipped jury duty and “need to march” to the sheriff’s office immediately. He asked for he cell number and ssn. When she asked if she could call him back at the sheriffs office on her cell phone, they hung up.

Scary thing was is that they did state they were from our county and the name given is an actual deputy in our county. Caller ID also said it was the county sheriff. She called the Sheriff’s Department and they said they would never do anything like this.

My wife got a call from a “sheriffs deputy” this week at work, on the office phone. They stated that she had skipped jury duty and “need to march” to the sheriff’s office immediately. He asked for he cell number and ssn. When she asked if she could call him back at the sheriffs office on her cell phone, they hung up.

Scary thing was is that they did state they were from our county and the name given is an actual deputy in our county. Caller ID also said it was the county sheriff. She called the Sheriff’s Department and they said they would never do anything like.

Scary thing was is that they did state they were from our county and the name given is an actual deputy in our county. Caller ID also said it was the county sheriff. She called the Sheriff’s Department and they said they would never do anything like this.
Did the caller have an Indian accent? Because that's the first sign that it's fake.

Yeah I'm getting real tired of being begged to upgrade to a membership. I've never paid to be on a forum in my life. I don't plan to start now.
Absolutely agree. I refuse to become a paying member of any forum. If a forum requires me to become a paid member, I will find one that doesn't simple as that.

Watch out for the “ wrong number “ texts! I recently got a wrong number text telling me that dinner was ready, and to come on over. So, I texted back, wrong number! This led to a conversation, with the texter sending me her picture- very attractive Asian lady! Hmmmmm…. Nope! Bye! I read later that the scammer pins down older men to scam , say they are not on there personal phone, and to use Telegram to message them. They supposedly can’t be tracked on Telegram, then you get a sob story for money..

Latest posts

Back