• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Schutzen 3F thoughts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too funny ... as my experience with Schuetzen powdah is exactly the opposite of what some above have posted; while it prints that same pretty much as Goex i found it to clean up in 1/2 to 2/3rds the effort and patches than Goe does. I don't bother with Swiss. But what do I know, as I only burn through 8 to a dozen or more pounds per year ...

Too funny ... as my experience with Schuetzen powdah is exactly the opposite of what some above have posted; while it prints that same pretty much as Goex i found it to clean up in 1/2 to 2/3rds the effort and patches than Goe does. I don't bother with Swiss. But what do I know, as I only burn through 8 to a dozen or more pounds per year ...
Only 8 to 12 pounds a year I wish ,both my smoothbores well shoot 2f schuetzen but like 3f much much better .

For those stating it is dirty powder, what patch lube are you using? Is it even possible lube could cause “fouling” in the bore? I have listened to these same discrepancies in my club, Goex vs Schuetzen one is better than the other, but is it really??? Or does it go deeper than the powder…I cannot answer, I’ve had good luck with both, Mr Flintlock lube for me, not a paid endorsement either 😀

For those stating it is dirty powder, what patch lube are you using? Is it even possible lube could cause “fouling” in the bore? I have listened to these same discrepancies in my club, Goex vs Schuetzen one is better than the other, but is it really??? Or does it go deeper than the powder…I cannot answer, I’ve had good luck with both, Mr Flintlock lube for me, not a paid endorsement either 😀
+1 for 3F Schuetzen and Mr. Flintlock!

Back